AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Comcast Motorola DVR Remote (silver with gray OK button) is dying and I am going to need to go to Comcast to get a replacement. I programmed the thing several years ago with codes for the TV and the audio receiver, 30 second skip, lock audio to audio receiver, DVR mute on something else, and a whole bunch of macros on the PIP keys to swap the TV and audio receiver inputs with a single button click. I cannot find any notes I may have had on exactly how I programmed these, especially the macros.

Is there a way to get the remote to display the code that is associated with a key and with a macro? If I get the same remote as a replacement is there a learning mode that can be used to copy over the macros? Is there a free/cheap way to read the IR codes from something like a smartphone or a Windows machine (I've got an IR receiver on a machine that used to be hooked up to the cable until they went all digital).

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
527 Posts
There is an alternate way to get the information with JP1. It costs about $20 to buy an interface cable which will allow you to read the state of your remote using the 6 pin connector inside the battery compartment. If you are able to get a grey button remote, the state of your existing remote can be transferred directly to the replacement. More likely, you can only get a red button remote (it's newer and better), and so you'll need to do a bit of rearrangement to the data. It's not hard, using free RemoteMaster software .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts