Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to buy a new DVD player. I was thinking to buy a descent one (Denon 1910, HD 950,etc...) to hook to my infocus 4805. Learning slowly about DVD player/TV/projector technicalities, I was wondering if in fact I can just buy a budget one. My idea is that the projector as already a de-interlacer cheap built-in, so I don't need a DVD player to do the job. I know it's better to perform it on the digital source, but I believe the difference is very small. If I understand the things correctly, I don't even need a player with a progressive scan option, as the projector will do that for me as well. So at the end, I just need a DVD player, with a component output. All DVD player with DVI will have the de-interlacer feature in it. So where am I wrong? I know you pay what you get at the end, but I found a bit odd to have a projector with all its fancy chips, and hooking a DVD player to it with exactly the same bits.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I wouldn't call the Faroudja processor in the 4805 cheap. :)

A good 480i dvd player (or progressive player with progressive off) would work great on the 4805.

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Actually only the more expensive DVI DVD players have the same quality Faroudja chip as the Infocus, and even then the hardware/software implementation is not nearly as good. There has yet to be a digital player out that did not have some tradeoff with the SP4805 - 480i component well calibrated will usually beat it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.