AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A competent little canine/commando cabaret - it just didn't have the 'were'with-all to chew through the calciferous carcass of genre convention.

And if I'd' have known this happy hairball was gonna be hacked up I would have weighted my financial portfolio with pork belly futures, Remington mid-caps, and Karo Syrup stocks. You want guts? Got 'em. Ammo? Ample. Goo? Galore.

Limey leather heads on a lost patrol deliver the dialog in a crisp, convincing fashion (but sheesh - that jump-cutting shaky cam - put a clothes line on that sucker and dry off some underwear or something!) But wait...what's that sniffin' and snarling over by a bunch of brambles? It's beast Benji, lycanthrope Lassie, and rabid Rin Tin Tin - and they ain't lookin' for no fire hydrants. So just as our boys are about to become milk-bone dog biscuits, the only SUV within a hundred miles conveniently cruises down the bunny trail (ONLY in a Jeep T.M.) But, is our savior a damsel-in-distress, or disingenuous '*****' about to do in the dudes doggie style?

And there must have been one heck of a sale at 'Petsmart' because the leg hunchers from hell take convenient paws in the action whenever the need arises for plot exposition, character development or 'Trading Spaces' with 'Domiciles of the living Dead'. And besides being really pissed off and scampering for 'Scooby snacks' on every flat surface, these woolly wack-a-moles never really add much to the pantheon of fang fasteners.

Yes, there's some panache here, some decent editing, and some cheap thrills, but in the end it all only manages to sniff the flea bitten butt of manimal mediocrity.

And the only silver bullets YOU'RE gonna need to survive are the ones manufactured by the Adolph Coors Company.

Registered
Surely you aren't suggesting that this movie surpasses Metalbeast: Project DNA as the single greatest werewolf concept movie in history!

In case you haven't seen it (and do yourself a BIG favor and rent this film! It is a hoot!) this movies combination of genetic manipulation gone bad, bulletproof werewolves (!) and government consipiracy is the single greatest example (IMHO) of a combo-genre movie in history!

-Alex-

Registered
But where can we get it??

Is it on DVD or LD?

Nicholas

Registered
:eek: whaaaat?? i couldn't disagree more. that was the best werewolf movie i've seen in a long time. i wouldn't call it perfect by any strectch but

damn it was fun and entertaining and creatively done on a minimal budget.

i went out and bought it straight away after viewing. oh well i guess different strokes.....

Registered
Based on a few reviews I rented this and...what a dog. The first half is pretty good, I'll admit, but even I couldn't suspend disbelief (one of my skills, normally) during the were-battles.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler 聽
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) These werewolves were racing through the woods at incredible speeds in the first half of the flick, then we get to the battle and they stand there motionless and growl while our heroes blow off their limbs with shotguns. Please.

Registered
Worst film since a very long time. I will not catagorize it as a B-movie but a Z-movie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.