AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped by my local best buy ( biddeford Maine) and they had Saw 2 unrated blu ray for sale $24.99. Was surprised because it was listed as coming out on this coming tuesday but was then pushed back to sometime in february. Id say check your local best buy if you are interested in this movie, they had 2 more left.

·
Banned
134 Posts
Im in need of a BR horror flick.

How is this movie ... pretty good? Or is this another classic case of never as good as the first one? I enjoyed the original saw.

Any1 happen to know what the aspect ratio is?

·
Registered
53 Posts
All three films are pretty good examples of the genre imo, i'd rate it equal to the scream trilogy since although the original saw doesn't quite match scream at least the saw trilogy maintains some consistency throughout the series.

Well worth picking up all these films, although i'll probably wait for a boxset.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I loved all three of them...with each one going a little further then the last.

IMO, I believe all 3 of them in the series are all just as good and definitely doesn't follow the sequel syndromes...

And like already mentioned...all 3 movies are someone related, so if you watch the third one, you won't get as much out of it if you missed the the other ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, Best Buy already has them but according to store inventories nobody here in Oregon is going to be getting more then 5 copies unless some suddenly appear on Monday. As it pertains to Saw 3, Im clueless, we had it on our website, Best Buy that is, as of yesterday and suddenly today it isnt there and has vanished from our store inventories as well so I wouldnt hold out much hope that we are getting it at this point, unless of course there was a computer malfunction that caused this to happen and all will be corrected shortly.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Does anybody know how the quality is on this release?

I'm really debating whether to get this and the 3rd because of a feeling they'll be just around the same level as the DVD releases due to the dark/grainy feel to the movie.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I only popped it in to check it out real quick, im planning on watching all 3 sometime in the coming week ( once i get 3 that is), and it looked pretty good to me. Looked better than the dvd version for sure. Yes, it is kinda grainy, but thats what the movie is supposed to look like. Still looked better than my upconverted oppo, so id say its worth it if you like the movie.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon /forum/post/0

it was listed as coming out on this coming tuesday but was then pushed back to sometime in february.

I think you must have read some misinformation, they didn't change the dates AFAIK

I've only seen the first two, and I don't think you need to see the first for the second to be enjoyable. Obviously things make slightly more sense but you can enjoy it just as much.

Not as good as Scream, that's miles above Saw!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Since when was saw 2 unrated announced? I thought only saw 3 unrated was announced. This saw 2 is the theatrical cut.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Great news I was waiting for the uncut version!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
No, Saw II is only available uncut thankfully. We had received them last Tues at my BB, but of course, I was teased since they can't be sold until Tues. You are lucky to get yours, but LGF is a company that will take street dates seriously, so I hope they don't find out your store is selling it early.

Anyway, yes, you need to watch Saw in order to understand them. If you do not, you not only ruin the endings to the previous one, but you lose out on a lot.

·
Registered
351 Posts
so on tuesday BOTH saw 2 and 3 uncut are coming out? amazon has 3 coming out same day as 2.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yep. Now if LGF could only release the freaking first movie uncut and release it properly instead of teh crappy release from the summer.

·
Registered
571 Posts

Quote:
Saw 2 will be released in both theatrical and uncut versions

And it will be released on HD DVD, too ;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.