AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Blu-Ray.com also says 7.1 DTS Master Audio.

Lee

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
What happens if you own a Playstation3 and you pop this movie in? Will it even play?

I seriously doubt my PS3 is 2.0 compliant.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/12875268

What happens if you own a Playstation3 and you pop this movie in? Will it even play?

Yes, you just will have DTS core sound. Profile 2.0 just gives you Internet access to some extra content. The disc will play in Profile 1.0 and 1.1 players too.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/12875268

Do you really think they would release a movie that doesn't play on any players?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus /forum/post/12875319

Do you really think they would release a movie that doesn't play on any players?

You beat me to it.

Seriously Rieper, what were you thinking?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus /forum/post/12875319

It wouldn't be the 1st time a new title is released requiring a firmware update to play properly... don't be such an ass.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX /forum/post/12875377

You beat me to it.

Seriously Rieper, what were you thinking?

Lets get together and make a 5.0 compliant disc! It will be blank of course, but no one will ever know...

We'll make millions!

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/12875402

It wouldn't be the 1st time a new title is released requiring a firmware update to play properly... don't be such an ass.

Just having some fun...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Anyone have this yet? Does it have a slip cover like Saw III?

Also, since this has 2.0 profile features, we should expect an update tomorrow then, right?

·
Registered
645 Posts
this is a Saw movie...it won't have reference video quality at all...but, thats why these are great movies...I love gritty horror flicks.

I am really surprised Lionsgate went without a PCM track..they have been the leading edge lately.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Ok well I picked this up last night. I flipped through it a bit but havent actually sat down and watched. Video quality is very similar to the previous Saw movies. This time they used h264 as the codec instead of mpeg2 thank god. Also the movie is on a single layer BD-25. The movie is very grity but overall I think it looks very good. Below are direct screen captures from the source disc (I can take them from any point in the movie if anyone wants)

I can't give an honest answer about audio quality as it is 7.1 and I have a 5.1 system. Also since I use a PC for playback I only get the 1.5mbps DTS core of the DTS-HD master. What I did hear sound good in my book though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts