Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone.

i just finished installing my hoontech adapter last night. i have a sb live mp3 + 5.1 card installed on my windows 2000 machine. i use the optical output from the hoontech into the optical in on my denon 3300. i enabled the digital only option on the sb live setup and am getting audio through my system. i hear an awful lot of noise in the system. in order to get the same volume out of the system as i had with the analog only outputs, i have to turn the volume up on the sb live control panel all the way up. when there is a quieter part of the song or in between tracks, you can hear hiss. i never did notice this with the analog outputs. if i turn the volume control down, i have to turn up the denon volume much higher. as a test, i put a cd in my denon cd player, played it at a rather high volume. i played the same song (mp3) with music match and switched between the 2. the volume coming from the cd was substancially higher. any ideas on how to lower the noise floor, yet keep some of the volume?? there are a number of different ways to control the volume (master volume, wav volume, ect) which way is the best?? is there a setting or something im missing here?

thanks for ANY suggestions!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.