Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok mono plug 3,5 mm.

WinDVD 2000.

All set to s/pdif no DD just DS and no voices? seems like some part of the sound is missing, what do i do wrong? When i set the WinDVD to 6 spk same result but set to 4 then the dialog kicks in!?

Frustrated PJ needs help!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not according to to the answers i got a bit down today!

Btw ive tried both?!

Confused ..... still needs help.......bryanch i am just now testing with the stereo 3,5mm.

S/Pdif and also Windvd in 6spk mode no dialog only when set to 4 and just DS?

PJ

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't know why the controversy but I'm using the mono plug and it outputs DD/DTS thru the SB Live. Are people using the stereo plug and getting it to work for DD/DTS passthrough?

PJ,

What OS are you using? Did you check digital pass thru only in the mixer setting?

Rick

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunetly right now ME and i think i set it right in the mixer,yes only digital out!

PJ

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi PJ:

___I am assuming you are using either a Live Value II, Live std., or Live 5.1. You use a mono mini plug to RCA connection jack as well as setting your SW DVD player of choice to S/PDIF output only. Your receiver does the DD/DTS decoding of the data stream from that point on. The 5.1 + output cards use can internally decode the AC-3 stream and in that case you could use the 5.1 + analog outputs (most are port bundled) from the sound card to your receivers analog inputs. To date, the AC-97 cards are terrible for this but the M-Audio Delta Theater is just around the corner. Cliff and Kei, I know you are listening ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i run the test prg in the SB´s mixer the graphichs pans thru all speakers but only when it comes to the L and R channel the test voice is heard? not when the Center or the rear channels is supposed to be tested, just silence there!!

PJ

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
xcel is 100% correct , a 3.5 mono mini-plug should be used however if you already have a 3.5 stereo mini-plug then you can use it , the bitstream will pass through on the left output via the spdif through the stereo 3.5 mini-plug .

PJ ,

Does your 5.1 decoder [pre/pro] detect a Dolby Digital source ? It does not sound as if it does .

Do you have the correct [ latest ] drivers installed for your sound card under WinME ?

Just some things for you to check .

Best of Luck ,

Jason Berg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have another HT pc for wathing on my RPTV and there i use an old Creative DVD encore using that spdif and it sure detects it without any problems.

So the Yamaha is ok.

Ok gonna check on that soft to see what i can find out.

PJ

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok found this...

"(This feature is available only if you are using the Optical Digital I/O card or Live! Drive.)

To enable SPDIF Bypass

On the Digital I/O tabbed page, make sure that under SPDIF Bypass, the Enable check box is selected.

Notes

The Digital I/O tabbed page will be available only if the Optical Digital I/O card is connected.

SPDIF Bypass is required if you want audio signals passing through SPDIF In to be routed directly to SPDIF Out, without passing through the processor chip.

Flexible format conversion is available from SPDIF Optical Input to SPDIF RCA Output and vice versa.

Table 1: Possible SPDIF Bypass format conversion combination.

When set, the SPDIF Bypass setting will be remembered and restored during the next system startup.

Copyright © 1998-2000 Creative Technology, Ltd."

:(

PJ

BTW just ordered a SB Digital I/O III för SoundBlaster Live / Live Value maybe that should solve the above?

http://www.jam.se/images/sbio1.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, but it seem like im not able to get this...

"On the Digital I/O tabbed page, make sure that under SPDIF Bypass, the Enable check box is selected"

I cannot do plain passthru i guess!?

PJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.