AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been scanning the threads to try to figure out WHY my ReplayTV 4532 is not controlling my DTC-5100. I have the code set to 0476 and min digits to 3. I spent 2 hours with a SB tech and they ended up telling me the DTC-5100 was not supported and to switch out the cable box. I'm pulling my hair out! Maybe I have the IR blaster in the wrong location or a setting in the 5100 that's preventing it. Any thoughts (even the most basic) would be appreciated!!!

Jason

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by patrija
Hi. I've been scanning the threads to try to figure out WHY my ReplayTV 4532 is not controlling my DTC-5100. I have the code set to 0476 and min digits to 3. I spent 2 hours with a SB tech and they ended up telling me the DTC-5100 was not supported and to switch out the cable box. I'm pulling my hair out! Maybe I have the IR blaster in the wrong location or a setting in the 5100 that's preventing it. Any thoughts (even the most basic) would be appreciated!!!
Can you be more specific as to what's going wrong? Is the 5100 not responding at all? (perhaps the IR blaster's in the wrong spot - make sure it's on the far left of the oval faceplate). Is it responding incorrectly? (probably a code settings problem). Note: 0476 works just fine for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I guess I did leave some details out - I was a bit exasperated when I wrote yesterday and was told to downgrade my cable box. Here are some more details:

1) Motorola DTC-5100 HDTV. It's the Comcast box in Atlanta, GA

2) I had initially set the box to 0476 based on the threads here. I think I've read every thread all the way though - no luck though.

3) We went into the IR Config page for 0476 and upped the minimum digits to 3. However, when we highlghted DONE and pressed select - the system would hang. Only way to get the box back was to unplug it.

4) We then tried this 4 more times with both 0476 and 0276 - it hung each time.

5) Next we did a factory reset and were able to set to 0476 and 3 digits. It didn't hang on DONE anymore.

Current status is that when I try to change channels, I see the updated channel header on the TV and get a "no video" signal". It then displays whatever channel the cable box it current tuned to. It does not change channel at all on the box.

I've tried to move the ir blaster around to no luck. I currently have it to the far left/ I think it's next to the Power and Message lights - but am at work and can't remember which lights are over there.

I hope this all makes sense. Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
There should be a label in the display area that says IR remote. It's on the right, as you're facing the front panel. Place the IR blaster there. Don't worry about it covering the IR, it will still work with the other remotes.

If you're not sure you found the IR spot, trying placing electrical tape where you think the IR receiver is. If the unit stops reponding, well... I think you get it. At least that will remote the position of the IR blaster from the picture.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jameskollar
There should be a label in the display area that says IR remote. It's on the right, as you're facing the front panel.
My 5100s have no such "IR Remote" label anywhere - just the single word "Remote" on the right side of the oval panel. This refers to the "Remote Activity" LED indicator light, and not to any IR receiver location. Actually, I believe there are two small IR receivers - on both the far left and far right sides of the oval-shaped panel. I use the far left side with my IR blasters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.