AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my SC 57 when they first came out and have been very pleased with the unit as an audio video receiver. I am not the audiophile as most of the members are here on this forum so thats why Im asking for help.

My problem isn't that major but its starting to become a bit annoying. When I'm watching TV with the Cable Box, DVD or even have the Xbox the picture will occasionally black out. It blacks out for about 3-5 seconds and sometimes 1-3 times. I always hear the audio even though the television is blacked out. I usually just pause the DVR and rewind to see what I missed if I really wanna see what I missed but usually just roll with it.

I've reset all defaults and started fresh but it still blacks out on me.

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems and/or knows how I can resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
Did you try reseating all your HDMI cables? sometimes pressure on them causes them to bend downward and poor connectivity. It's also possible that a connector in the receiver or TV has a loose or bent contact inside the socket. HDMI is probably the worst designed connection ever devised
also try a different cable from receiver to TV. the connectors and the cable itself is fragile. if some of the cable was stepped on, run over, bent, the wiring inside it could be damaged and resulting in intermittent handshake.

if that proves not to help, then you may have a problem with the video processor in the receiver. go into the setup menu and turn OFF the video converter for the inputs you are having problems with and see if that solves it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts