AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a few deals (end Sunday) and I need some advice. I set out to buy a low end surround system and came across the following

Onkyo TX-NR1007, Focal 826v, CC800v, 806v, and SW800v $4900 USD

Onkyo TX-NR1007, KEF XQ40, XQ10, XQ50C, and XQ60B $7075 USD

I know the speakers are different leagues, but they both sound amazing. Unfortunately I cannot change anything in the package so I am stuck with the TX-NR1007.

The salesman also showed my a set of Focal Scala Utopia's for $13750 WOW!

I know this is a complete different range of speaker, but I am leaning toward the Focal Chorus so I can also get the Scala's for my stereo setup. Can't real justify both Scala's and KEF's price wise. So do these packages seem like a good deal? Unfortunately this dealer is the only game in country so I cannot compare to anything back in the US. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
No question about it. Get the Scala's and the Chours setup. If you have a dedicated

2ch system then you don't need killer speakers that will double for music listening in your HT system. I would do the Chours and the Scalas without a doubt. Then, when you recover, you can get a different sub for HT. But I would get the Scala's. Let's see, have I said that enough times

1 - 3 of 3 Posts