AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a regular directv sat. a non progressive scan dvd player. as my family probably watch 80% regular programming the other 20% dvd movies and concerts would a scaler/line doubler help the picture a great deal if so what would you guys recommend. the mm36110 doesn't have an internal doubler
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,403 Posts
Welcome to the AVS forum my name is hob. First of all does your manual say it's HDTV ready if not you don't have to read any further. By saying regular, we know it's a 4:3, but did you read your manual over to see if it is HDTV(repeat)?



Next if it does, does your TV have a VGA input or component input Y-Pr-Pb.



Now if you have a HDTV ready as stated in your manual, with a component input if yes. Buy a RCA DTC-100 line doubler and digital capable if on a 1080i Digital channel. You have 2 ways to connect it:



1. VGA input if your TV has amini-din 15 pin



2. If your set doesn't have VGA, you can buy a component adapter. A component adapter will allow the DTC-100 VGA input and out put a 3 cable to input at your component input.



Now you mentioned you have a DVD player, more than likely, your TV set doesn't have more then one component input. You will need a component switching device to input more that one device into your single component input.



Your choice on that one, their are receivers (Dolby Decoders) that have 2 to 1 for not too much money. My switching device cost $685 for I converted a high end computer switching to component for 4 to 1 pass thru. I own 2 Sony DVD mega changers a 300 and a 200 and a RCA progressive scan DVD all going thru the 4 to 1 'pass thru' device.



If you think it sounds expensive it is, your trying to upconvert for higher resolution, my HDTV is RCA F-38310 wide screen, I don't watch anything in 4:3 or 1.33:1 DVD. If you want to talk to me further on this send me a private message.



When you view this right above it will be a P-M to send a private message. This is how it is there are work arounds, but your TV manual must state it's HDTV ready and have component inputs, if a VGA input is present it will cost you a *lot* less. :)
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top