AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious about something. When I got my Dila G11, I automatically bought a scaler (Leeza) to go along with it. I have actually never used the G11 without it.

My question is, do most people do this, buy it together, or do you first buy the projector and see if it really needs it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think now it is starting to depend.

With the new internal scalers getting better and better it will soon be hard to justify an additional scaler.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought my G15 without a scaler .. the internal one is pretty bad. I just bought a Quadscan Elite HD .. hopefully that will help.

DVDs off HTPC are awesome !

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the Quadscan doesnt help, their is always the Centerstage, aSimilator, Faroudja NRS and HD Leeza

Yes with the advent of faroudja chips in alot of the new projectors, I wonder where the scaler industry will end up. Will scaling technology be sold to the the projector manufacturers, or will we still want full blown external scalers

·
Registered
753 Posts
Daniel,

This is a common question. Video processors in the future will not be purchased to increase video quality but will become more like a switcher or converter on steroids. Think of having one processor that takes any source and can distribute to multiple displays in the home simultaneously. Then add say wireless capability, HD tuner and HD PVR capability and wow that might just be the future. This in no way is the oppinion of Focus Enhancements but is my own oppinion and really just an educated hunch.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Does anyone know if the aSimilator has DVI-D outputs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.