Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Normally I wouldn't pay any mind to such obvious scams as new Plasmas from Eastern Europe for $100 etc. but there has been a "rash" of reports on the following scenario:

Some basically unknown on-line dealer will offer an incredible price on "new" Plasma models. The hook is that these "...don't ship with input boards and you'll need one each S Video and component..."

To receive the "bargain" price you must "buy" one of each board at some inflated price but to show how nice the dealer is, he'll install them for free.

Don't pay attention to that man behind the curtain...

For the record, all Panny Broadcast units come stock with one each S Video and component input boards, at least the ones available through authorized dealers.

Don't fall for this low price scam.

But I know we are all much wiser than this right ?

T Wiz

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

Dave

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Thanks Techniwizard. :)

I actually received a PM from a Member asking about the same topic. He found a great price online for the TH-42PWD8UK but the store said that he needed to add a "Video Board" to make the inputs work.

And the cost to install " The Video Board " was $200. :eek: :eek: :eek:

"Gotta Love" those Crooks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So buyer beware of those "Too Good to Be True" prices.

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.