Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was just on ebay and I see a Runco 4400 quadrupler for sale.

I was just wondering..... I am currently using the center stage CS-HD.

As of this moment I am only playing dvd's but I will be getting the zenith 420 to get off air HDTV. My 8110 plus was calibrated by Joel Silver of ISF.

The picture is really good but I do get scan lines especially on bright images. Would a quadrupler be a big improvment over my relatively inexpensive center stage unit.

Maybe since dvd is only 480 p it will dispay scan lines??? Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Al Gottlieb

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Al

The 8110 has magnetic focus and 8" CRTs so you want to try mebbe 720p into it; the purpose of a scaler is to render 480i-type sources with sufficient density of scan lines so the scan lines touch and the gap in between disappears. If you go overkill like 960p it may soften the image a bit.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Al

The 8110 has magnetic focus and 8" CRTs so you want to try mebbe 720p into it; the purpose of a scaler is to render 480i-type sources with sufficient density of scan lines so the scan lines touch and the gap in between disappears. If you go overkill like 960p it may soften the image a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim,

Thanks for you response. Please excuse me because I am still learning about the CRT world. I have learned a lot already from this forum and people like you.

Are u saying I should try to watch DVD,s at 720p and that would reduce the scan lines??? Currently my projector has only one setting and that is for 720 by 480. Joel will be coming next week and calibrating my projector for 720p as well. So if this is what u are saying I will try this when I have my new resolution calibrated. So I guess you are also saying that I do not need to get the quadrupler. Thanks for your help and I will let u know how your suggestion works(if this is your suggestion...LOL...

Take care, Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.