AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the D* HD DVR last night, and when setting up the OTA channels, there was a scanning function. With my previous HD STB, the Hughes HTL-HD, I could only tune in the local HD channels for Washington, DC, since that's my primary zone. Well, with the HD DVR, the scan picked up a few Baltimore stations, as the HD DVR says I can conceivably pick up four different areas. My question is, is it possible to do some kind of scan with the HTL-HD so I can get those Baltimore stations in HD, or I am restricted to just the ones D* has decided I should receive on that box?

Deezul

·
Registered
167 Posts
In my experience, I've found the HTL-HD OTA stinks when it comes to expanded reception. My unit worked well for about 9 months receiving all my Lincoln stations (about 6 max). Then I lost 4 stations. Then another. Then the last one fell about a month ago. Being under extended warranty, D* sent me a TS360. I now receive digitals from up to 50 miles away and have additional Lincoln stations the Hughes never saw.

Like you said, I think the Hughes goes off a preset list and treis to tune into those stations. With the Sammy, it searches the airwaves and then creates the list...

Maybe it's time for a change if OTA is important...

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
You can add a second zip code to the HTL-HD for Baltimore or you can manually add stations if you have the UHF frequency they are broadcasting off of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.