AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to DIY speaker building.

Went out on a limb and bought the Scanspeak B741 kit from Madisound and have nearly finished the cabinets.

I will post some progress pics shortly.

Anyone out there built this design? If so, can you tell me how it went/how it sounds.

·
Registered
669 Posts
hey..very good job man....the build is looking good...and it will definitely..sound awesome..this kit seems to be well put together...by Madison..saw it ...on the web site ..it is way to expensive for me ..but i really like it ...wish i had your work shop grate tools ...tools make the build all the better ...again good job ? what your finish ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just want to say, after all of this, I have to conclude that you do NOT need to have a huge workshop. You only need the following: a good power saw (of which I have 3 but bought another one just for this build), a good router and LOTS of clamps. A table saw is not needed, as I discovered. A straight edge and some clamps actually gets as good a result with a hand held power saw cf. a table saw.

Still have not decided about finish guys. My thoughts are: 1) piano black, 2) natural veneer, 3) man-made veneer [which i think some of look quite cool].

What are your thoughts guys?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just did an initial sand and put two coats of wood hardener on over the weekend. Next thing to do is fill all the small gaps with some sort of filler. Will wait another day or two before I do it.

·
Registered
669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon666  /t/1467885/scanspeak-b741-build#post_23204998

i to use these.. spikes from PE and they work and look ..really nice high end look..

Reactions: ZeGhostbear
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.