AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were lucky enough to have a theather near you playing what are your impressions???

They cleaned those prints real good, becaause it looks wayyyyy better than that horrible dvd, and the sound oh my, you get to hear the waves from south beach, and at the final scene you get to hear the different sounds from all the different weapons people are using to kill Tony and yes the grenade launcher sounds superb!!!

go see it!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I saw this last weekend and I agree completely. Brand new print which looked fantastic and the audio remixed in digital sound and it sounded super. Catch this if you can at the theatre. Seeing it on a home theater is just not the same.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John Stockton
Seeing it on a home theater is just not the same.
I agree whole-heartedly. My HT beats the pants of ANY cineplex within 50 miles of my house!

Gus

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Gus
I agree whole-heartedly. My HT beats the pants of ANY cineplex within 50 miles of my house!

Gus
Nice setup GUS, i wish i had the flow to do that but i live in a apt....congrats:D

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bruzonsky
Fpllowing is a letter from the ADL to Mel Gibson which received no reply, several months before the ADL went public with its concerns:

March 24, 2003

Dear Mr. Gibson

Based on initial media reports, we have serious concerns about the film you are currently making about the last hours of the life of Jesus, "The Passion," and would like to be assured that it will not give rise to the old canard of charging Jews with deicide and to anti-Semitism.

Passion plays have an infamous history of leading to hatred, violence and even death of Jews. Given your talent and celebrity, how you depict the death of Jesus will have widespread influence on people's ideas, attitudes and behavior towards Jews today.

The Catholic Church has confronted its tradition of teaching of contempt for Jews and its charge of deicide leveled against the Jewish people and unequivocally repudiated both. The Church understands that only teachings which promote understanding and reconciliation toward the Jewish people can represent religious truth and the word of God.

As a respected international movie icon, you have a great responsibility in the message ultimately promoted by the film, one we hope that is positive. We look forward to your response on this urgent issue.

Sincerely,

Abraham H. Foxman

National Director
What in tarnation does this have to do with Scarface if I may ask?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does the digital sound make the crazy soundtrack any better?

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
MikeM, that post was not posted to this thread, but to another one. So I deleted it. I was surprised when I got an auto notification that I had posted to this thread. Oh well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:
I don't know how close you are to Framingham, but I strongly suggest for you to visit the AMC Framingham 15 cinemas.

Theatre #6 has the absolute best sound and picture presentation in the east coast. No Home Theater (and I have heard many) can rival the experience of watching a feature film in that auditorium.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by gamma_seraph
Does the digital sound make the crazy soundtrack any better?
The crazy soundtrack sounds better than on the dvd i guess, "take it to the limit".

They did a superb job in the audio mixing dept.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John Stockton
I don't know how close you are to Framingham, but I strongly suggest for you to visit the AMC Framingham 15 cinemas.

Theatre #6 has the absolute best sound and picture presentation in the east coast. No Home Theater (and I have heard many) can rival the experience of watching a feature film in that auditorium.
Fortunately for me, Framingham is about 55 miles from my house.:D

Gus

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you do make it to Framingham make sure to see the film that is playing in theatre #6. It is one of the largest auditoriums in the complex so you can be certain that they are playing a recently released film.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Anyone know if a theater in Tampa, FL is playing this? I checked Yahoo's movie listings and there is nothing listed for this movie. All help is good help, I don't wanna fly to Miami to see it, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.