AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wired up a scart to BNC lead to connect my STB/DVD player up to my 6010 Switcher which will accept sync on green, following advice from Gordon on the avforums site that I need to put a 50 Ohm resistor between pin 19 and pin 11 (green signal). Although the input info says it has picked green-sync the picture is not syncing properly.

Any ideas? The manual says G sync 0.3-0.6 V p-p 75 ohm Negative. Does this mean I should wire the ground from the composite signal to pin 11 or what?. I am hoping to avoid having to use a sync amplifier.

Thanks Simon.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
here is a response from a european video engineer...

These are the classic SCART issues than we have.

Pin 19 produces a perfect Composite-Video signal. The other pins are able to produce Red Green (pin11) and Blue. Sometimes devices are not capable of making RGB CV or there are settings in the menu's for this.

Anyhow, making a connection between the Composite-Video (pin 19) and the Green channel (pin11) using a 50 ohm resistor will not produce a correct Sync On Green signal. Maybe the unit is capable of making a correct sync info out of that, but the Green color information will be scambled with Composite-video....

He suggested a http://www.extron.com/product/product.asp?id=vss100 they list at about 200 USD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, looks like I will be building a sync stripper/amplifier after all.

Regards, Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.