AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watching the Packer game on a local channel , and suddenly a black bar appears at the bottom of the screen with the following message:

Urgent: Replace Access Card

Stayed up for about 10 seconds , then it disappeared. I still have all my channels, but it's still disconcerting. Is my card starting to fail?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Tom,

Have you received a new card in the mail? There is a new card out that Directv has been replacing the old cards with. I have not received one yet, but I know a few family members that have. I do not think either had received that message prior to replacing though.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
24 hours after I saw that message my DTC-100 was disabled until I installed the new P4 card, which BTW had just arrived that day in the mail. Good thing their timing was not a little off, or my DTC-100 and 2 DirecTiVo boxes would have been down. I've heard you can call in and get temporarily reinstated, but I don't know that for sure.

If I were you I would act quickly to install the new card if you have it or call DirecTV to explain the situation to them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did the card arrive? In the bill, an envelope or box? I've gotten nothing from them....

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I received my 4 cards all together in a white envelope (business or half-page size, I can't remember for sure). They were sent separately from any billing or other mailings from DirecTV.

Prior to receiving the cards (by about a month) I received a letter stating that I woud be getting the new cards. I can't remember for sure, but I think that letter came by itself, not with a bill.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to DTV Customer service last night. She said that she had no record of my box needing a new card or that they had sent one. But she sent one out anyway at no charge. Should get here by Friday. Hope my box holds out till then!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey, stranger ;)

I replaced three cards as well, before the lightning struck my house.

Now I have 2 HU cards back, in the replacement Hughes boxes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.