AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 46" XBR9 but it seems this setting exists on other lines too.

There is "Picture & Display / Picture Adjustments" and then there is "Preferences/Scene Select".

Can anyone explain how these 2 are related? I searched this forum but didn't find anything useful.

I've been under impression that "Picture Adjustments" are per input (TV/HDMI1/HDMI2 etc.) How does "Scene Select" fits in is unclear.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This seemed rather odd so I fired up a 46XBR9, went to the picture adjustments icon and do not see anything related to "scene select". Can you post a photo of this selection?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by display veteran /forum/post/18214900

This seemed rather odd so I fired up a 46XBR9, went to the picture adjustments icon and do not see anything related to "scene select". Can you post a photo of this selection?

On TV remote press "Home", go to "Settings" (leftmost icon on the crossbar), go to "Preferences" - "Scene Select" is there.

Plus currently selected Scene is shown in the lower left corner of TV when you press "i" button on the remote.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I see what you are asking. I misread your opening post and thought you had found a "preferences" in the picture setting group. The preferences icons in the settings group contain preset picture and audio settings for the customer to use if they wish. Some of them will be greyed out depending on what input you are using. Once you select any one of them except for "standard" it will lock out your ability to change the "picture adjustment" settings. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts