AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but i wonder if it can hold its own against the other 1080p tvs because on july 14th it will be selling at costco online for $650

i was looking at your thread and saw those other tvs but im just wondering if this would be a good buy

like i know the toshiba rv530 sold for 700 as a promotion now its higher and from reviews its really good

hopefully the sceptre will be the same

·
Registered
8 Posts
well im new to the forums and came across this post, well on wed the 16th i order this tv off the website, havent recieved it yet said it would take like 7-10 business days, so i will let everyone know how well the tv works and looks and get some pics as well

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastshadow171 /forum/post/14332838

havent recieved it yet said it would take like 7-10 business days

I also ordered this TV, back on the 17th. The order status still says in process, and that a tracking number will be given as soon as it ships. Make me wonder what the delay in shipping is. What does it say under your (fastshodow) order status?

·
Registered
8 Posts
well mine says the same thing it has said since i ordered in process with no tracking,
sucks i wish it would hurry up and get here. really looking forward to see this thing in action.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It (X32BV-FullHD) is no longer available at Costco at any price. They must have sold out. Hope we don't get the model that didn't make the first cut from Sceptre.

·
Registered
8 Posts
na i dont think that is wat it is, i might just be a special they got form sceptre. caus ei see now they have another tv on sale. but mine shipped out this morning

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just checked and Costco is saying that my TV has been shipped also. Although no tracking number has been provided.

I for one will be giving it a nice workout once I get it. Figure if there are issues to arise it will be in the first 240 hours or so.

~Matthew

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea i will def be giving it a hard workout, cause with the 90 day return policy, we can at least return it for a full refund
, thats wierd mine gave me a tracking number lol, does it say track? cause i can click that work track next to shipping and a box pops up with tracking info and a tracking number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
well got mine today and so far i have to say i am loving it so far. been playing some games in 1080 and they look great, and i have to say the sound is good to. not sure how the other guy is liking it so far but i am liking it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I got mine Thursday and it's temporarily hooked up to a D* H20-600 via HDMI and a Zenith indoor OTA antenna.

Some observations...

Even though I had left a note for UPS to leave the delivery with a neighbor, it was left on by the front door.

NO HDMI cable provided. Thankfully, I had extras from a prior Monoprice.com purchase.

Easy setup. They provide the screws and a screwdriver to attach to the base/stand. Although a wall mount is optional, no part # is given or how to order.

Warranty card must be filled out. No website product registration.

Remote uses Sony IR codes. Yeah! As my D* remotes are already programmed for Sony.

Picture looks good. Can't say awesome...yet, as my main TV is a Sony KD-34XBR960 (34" 16x9 CRT). And this only my second LCD, as my first one was a Proview PA-17KV0 (17" LCD). But it's definitely better than the 17".

Setting the clock. You cannot set the clock manually, and I quote,
Quote:
"This is not adjustable since it is synced to your local station's date/time."

That's why I hooked up the Zenith OTA.

So, here's some pictures of the box, a top view of the opened box, accessories, and the connections...

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea same here i mean im loving it compared to my other tv, the vizio 26 inch the picture looks alot better to me, but its not awesome. but it is a great tv for the price it was offered. and that was one downfall is there is no online registration

·
Registered
563 Posts
Agreed, price and no online registration. Can't beat the features for the price. Definitely worth the $600.

The picture is starting to look better. Watched Happy Feet for a bit today and that was pretty close to awesome. And I watched part of the SciFi made for TV show, "Triangle", on Universal HD and the scene where they're driving over one of the "endless" bridges in FL... Now that was awesome. Reminded me of the first time I saw CSI: Miami in HD. IMHO, CSI: Miami is one of the best example of what HD has to offer because of the bright, colorful views.

Hopefully, my parents will learn to enjoy it. As I purchased it for my mom who just got home from the hospital and might be spending more time in her bedroom due to chemo...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too purchased one of these sets from Costco (and its back on their site) and Just recently got it setup, I left my Impressions in the 32" 1080P comparasion thread. But in summary I'm a happy camper at the price I paid and it looks great getting fed from my Samsung OTA tuner and my Pioneer DV-410K upconverting DVD player.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionut101 /forum/post/14388954

can someone confirm if this is a matte or gloss screen? thanks in advance.

And...

Does it have decent viewing angles (even better would be information on the panel type: TN, MVA/PVA, or IPS)? TN panels typically have large color shifts vertically. Photos at 60+ degrees from center to the side, top, and bottom would be great.

Can it do 1:1 at 1080p over HDMI (or DVI)?

Can image processing (or at least sharpness and noise reduction) be turned off (so it is exactly what is coming in over HDMI or DVI)?

Thanks! If this has good viewing angles, it might make a decent a computer monitor, as it is quite close in price to the better (i.e. ones with decent viewing angles) 26" and 28" computer monitors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The TV would not do 1:1 over HDMI w/ my test system (although 1080P over the VGA conector looked better than the DVI to HDMI image). I don't belive its a TN pannel as it doesn't exibit the viewing angle issues normaly associated w/ TN but I didn't look hard enough at it yet to tell if its IPS or MVA/PVA at its price I kinda doubt its IPS though. I'll have to get back to you on if image processing can be disabled or not, sharpness is user adjustable.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts