AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Sceptre X37 Screen Burn-in Visible...

855 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Evenstar
I've been using my Sceptre X37 for a number of months now without a hitch but recently have been playing a game over 200 hours in 1024 x 768 native. This means there has been an ~4" wide black bar on each side of the screen. At the demarkation between the black screen and the game screen there now exists a clear burned in line. However, I only notice it when back on the 1920 x 1080 native Windows Desktop which is currently a default light blue Background. When I use brighter colors that the Nokia Pattern Test Program uses I don't see the burn line even the bright and darker blue doesn't show the line. But it is clearly there when viewed on the duller blue background of XP. I've adjusted the horizontal position slightly but easily enough to see that the burn line is physically in the panel and not some weird artifact in the signal.

Is anyone familiar with this? Needless to say I am very disappointed to discover that LCD are so easilly burned in this fashion. I will get more input from Sceptre tomorrow.

Is there any way of correcting this? Is it permanent damage? If I don't ever display bars again but use Full even if the picture distorts a little will it prevent the burn lines from getting worse?

Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.