AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have scheduled old seasons of Friends to record on WB at 7:30 for several months... Recently WB rescheduled the show and I didn't notice... It moved to 7:00 with The Simpsons at 7:30.....

The Replay recorded the 7:30 show... but with the Friends description from 7:00... i.e. it looks like a Friends episode based on the description until you play it...

Strange...

David

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is it possible that your Replay recorded the 7:30 show (Simpsons) when the Replay Guide still had it listed as Friends at 7:30, and the next day the guide was updated? Sometimes networks make last-minute schedule changes, and it may not show up in the Replay Guide in time. This can especially be a problem if your Replay didn't connect to the mother ship (for whatever reason) the night before. Just a thought.

-Robbie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No - the show accumulated about 5 episodes before I noticed - then I checked the schedule to see what happened - that's when I noticed that Simpsons was now at 7:30. Previously when this type of schedule change happened the show would not record at all until the timeslot had been updated.

My Replay is connected to broadband and appears to be collecting the schedule nightly.

Regards, David

·
Registered
68 Posts
Actually, this is a feature of ReplayTV. When you setup show-based recordings, the ReplayTV is "smart" enough to find your show if it slides one (maybe two?) timeslot backward or forwards in the schedule.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Umm, no. What you are describing is indeed a feature of the ReplayTV. However, this is not what it did. The OP said he had set up to record re-runs of Friends at 7:30. Fine, no worries. But then Friends moved to 7:00, and the Simpsons moved to 7:30. The "feature" behavior would be to go ahead and find Friends at 7:00, and record it. However, what happened was that it recorded the Simpsons (at 7:30), but the description for the recording(s) matched the 7:00 Friends.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ahh, my mistake. You're right then. It occurs for me once in a while when the TV listings haven't been updated with last-minute changes but it nevers occurs for more than a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.