AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "in the house" episodes of Rock Star: INXS that used to air Mondays @ 9:30pm ET on CBS have moved and will now air Sundays @ 8:00pm ET on VH1 effective immediately.

That's new channel, new night, new timeslot for the "in the house" episodes.

If you have been using double-red-dot or single-red-dot recordings, you must make a new one as the episodes are airing on a new channel.

If you have been using a theme-based title recording, just realize that the show is airing on a new night at a new timeslot so it might conflict and you'll have to check to see.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Thanks for reporting that. I'm betting that both fans of the show apreciate it.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks
Thanks for reporting that. I'm betting that both fans of the show apreciate it.
LoL.

It's actually one of two reality shows I've ever watched in the history of reality shows, though I skip/don't record most of the in-house episodes in favor of the live performances.

In fact, other than an episode with a voice coach I have never watched the in-house episodes.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Thanks for the notice. I'm the other one that watches the show! :) But, I don't get VH1, so I guess I'm gonna miss the "in the house" episodes.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I missed it this week. But I will say that I love the performances on this show. *Most* of these kids are VERY talented. That performance of "Man Who Sold The World" last week by Jordis Unga was unbelievable. It was truly one of the most captivating performances I've ever seen.

I just wish I could pick who gets to sing which song. There have been several times where the combo of song/contestant was awful, but one of the others would have done a great job.

I can't wait for them to release an "INXS: Rockstar Encore Performances" disc.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian
Thanks for the tip, I missed it this week. But I will say that I love the performances on this show. *Most* of these kids are VERY talented. That performance of "Man Who Sold The World" last week by Jordis Unga was unbelievable. It was truly one of the most captivating performances I've ever seen.
Oh man she did AWESOME in that song. I was blown away this week by the mohawk guy (Ty?). He seems so plastic and last night I saw him kick it up.

Quote:
I just wish I could pick who gets to sing which song. There have been several times where the combo of song/contestant was awful, but one of the others would have done a great job.
But I think it's important so they can see what a person is and is not capable of. A couple of them are great singers, but if INXS is going to stay in the same genre then they'd be a terrible choice for the lead (like that guy from Michigan).

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I agree. I think INXS is done. I just enjoy watching these new kids. Would love to see Ty, Jordis, J.D., and Deanna have their own careers. INXS actually looks pretty silly, a bunch of overweight guys in their mid-40's trying to be hip.

And oh yeah, the house band ROCKS. I think they're better than INXS.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
I agree. I think INXS is done. I just enjoy watching these new kids. Would love to see Ty, Jordis, J.D., and Deanna have their own careers. INXS actually looks pretty silly, a bunch of overweight guys in their mid-40's trying to be hip.
And somebody tell Tim Farris to get a haircut or something!

Quote:
And oh yeah, the house band ROCKS. I think they're better than INXS.
The house band is awesome, especially when you compare them to the lame band that American Idol uses. The drummer's totally rocks!

·
Registered
983 Posts
i thought Marty's acoustic version of Mr. Brightside was killer...he's probably the one in the house with the most talent.

i agree w/ jacksonian...INXS is washed up...where do they get all that confidence from though? "[accent] we're an international band we need someone that will translate to other cultures...blah, blah, blah [/accent]". jimmy kimmel put it best when after someone got kicked off they mentioned something about "missing their chance w/ INSX" and kimmel said "yeah, missing your chance to play the Idaho state fair!"...or something similar.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmie
i thought Marty's acoustic version of Mr. Brightside was killer...he's probably the one in the house with the most talent.

i agree w/ jacksonian...INXS is washed up...where do they get all that confidence from though? "[accent] we're an international band we need someone that will translate to other cultures...blah, blah, blah [/accent]". jimmy kimmel put it best when after someone got kicked off they mentioned something about "missing their chance w/ INSX" and kimmel said "yeah, missing your chance to play the Idaho state fair!"...or something similar.
Havn't you been listening to the barbie Doll when she speaks? ;) They've told the winner that they can expect to play in front of audiences in the 100 thousands!!! (Dream on)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.