AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the board and the FAQ's and can't find what I need to do.

I need to schedule recordings for today but I am not at home, which of course means I can't use myreplaytv.com because the shows I need are on today. I have a VPN tunnel into my network and my Replay is connected to the network so I can access it remotely, but I don't know of an interface to schedule it w/o being in front of it.

I looked in DA hoping there was a way to do it, but no dice. Is there an interface that allows you to set up recording schedules using your PC?

TIA

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Set up a recording (manual in most cases) on My.Replaytv.com for a time and date and set it to repeat/get all episodes.

Use the " Really Remote Remote Control " 10 minutes later through your VPN and hit 243 Zones, then 243 Zones again (in case you're on the screen saver.)

30 seconds later hit 7. If MyReplayTV is talking to the Replay Servers, it will work. If its down (like it often is) it won't. MyReplay will usually update and get rid of the clock thingy if it worked, but sometimes it works and doesn't get rid of the clock thingy.

After that, run DVArchive. Check to see if the new channel has been created on that Replay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
h,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that would require me to be in front of the replay. I was hoping there was some DA like app that would allow me to set up scheduling from the PC.

Thanks anyway and thanks for being a helpful, and not at all "Annoying Wench":D

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Er, no, you missed the point.

You don't need to be in front of the Replay.

You use MyReplayTV to schedule the show.

You VPN to your home computer.

You use the LAN remote control from your computer screen.

You force it to net connect and get the stuff you set up from MyReplayTV.

You open DVArchive to double check that it created the channel.

There's absolutely no step that requires you to be in front of your Replay, or even in the same place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
You use the LAN remote control from your computer screen.
??? LAN remote control is the step I missed. To ask a dumber question, what is the LAN remote control?

BTW, you rock. Like many, I lurk this board a lot and you are always very helpful.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Thanks Trio. I edited my first post to include the hyperlink.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
hit 243 Zones, then 243 Zones again (in case you're on the screen saver.
I recommend pressing EXIT a few times. Gets you out of the RG, CG, or screen saver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe 243 Zones only refreshes the program guide and NOT the myreplaytv.com settings.......I have read numerous posts here and on planetreplay.com to that effect.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
243 + Zones does the full connection cha-cha. If My.Replaytv.com is talking, the net connect will listen.

I have around 40/60 success ration with the workaround, but most of my failures have been due to lag (I *thought* I sent 243 + Zones but reall sent 3 + Zones, etc) or that damn screensaver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK you're right - tested it and it works.

Except one complicaiton. MyReplayTV won't let you set for recording anything on the same day or in the "blackout period" (which it defines until the next scheduled overnight sync - approx 3am). So how do you actually set a program on the same day to record on myreplaytv.com and then sync via VPN and 243 Zones????

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
Set up a recording (manual in most cases) on My.Replaytv.com for a time and date and set it to repeat/get all episodes.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Just to clarify the quote that Dallben pointed out:

Set the manual record for a date NOT in the blackout period for the time your show is on. Set the recording to repeat daily, or at least include the day the show is really on (More Options). When the Replay net connects, it won't care that the show was set for the next day, because it will see that it includes the current day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.