AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, I have a UTV which one of the tuners failed. The unit works fine on the one that is still good. I sent it out for repair and turns out of the two

common problems, mine has the lesser common of the two. One is the voltage regulation chip which controls LNB voltage, and one is what I was told is the "LINK" chip by the company who looked at it. Problem is that they say they cant get the part. Wondering if anyone knows part number of this "LINK" chip, or if I can get a schematic I would be even better off.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi,

There is a link on the dealdatabase site under the Ultimate TV forum that has the schematics for the Sony UTV. I would guess the hardware is the same as the RCA. Also, the parts are available from Sony from their online website.

I have the same problem with a Sony UTV, but I have checked the voltage regulators and all are putting out the right voltage. Would be interesting to know what your "Link" chip is. If you find out, let me know the part label on the motherboard so that I can check if that is the problem with my UTV.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found Sony w60 repair manual which included schematic...Even though I have a degree in electrical engineering, and can read schematics, I find nothing labeled "LINK" or anything even close. If I find out I will let you know, in the meantime, if you find out any info please forward it to me.

The gentleman at the repair facility is suppose to email me the details in the next day or two...Hope he comes through...

Will keep u informed.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.