AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I'm sure that was the lens they used with the 750 at a JVC event I attended in the UK recently. Ceenhad is the forum member that can give you more details of the set up.

Gary

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi

I'm using an IscoII on basically the same projector,it has an opening of 66mm,the smallest schneider is bigger at 70mm.The Isco fits fine on the JVC.

The smallest schneider was my next choice.

That being said,I don't have a problem with available room to adjust throw ratio's,so if you have a little short room and some super wide screen you will run into problems.

·
Registered
245 Posts
here's the answer I got from Schneider regarding the RS20 (aka 750 here in Europe)

Quote:
We've actually tested this projector in house and got minimum throw ratios for the small and medium 1.33x anamorphics. These are a function of distance, 16:9 screen width, and the fact that this projector's zoom lens is recessed into the housing by about an inch or so.

CDA 1.33x (54-047079): 2.24:1

CDA 1.33x M (54-1055212): 1.7:1

For your application, I would recommend the M lens unless you can get further away from your screen to increase the throw ratio to 2.24:1 or (ideally) further.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

·
Premium Member
24,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray /forum/post/17112117

It's Kino Torsion. Jason can likely sell you a CineSlide for less.

Can the cineslide work for the schnieder also? I thought it was made for the ISCOIII.

Quote:
But any Schneider dealer can get one for you.

Thats the problem was trying to find a Schneider dealer in the U.S that can ship to Australia. I found a retailer, but for some reason they don't do the mount.I need to make sure before I can get the lens.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cineslide will work with a Schneider lens, but it's more expensive to begin with and you will a CineMount-S1 which is the adapter for the Schneider lens, catalog price you're looking 2'595$ for the cineslide + 820$ for the cinemount, Kino Torsion is 1'850$, but you will need a fairly long list of accessories if you want to ceiling mount it, so it will come more in the range of 2'300-2'500$

·
Premium Member
24,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cR4p /forum/post/17112984

Cineslide will work with a Schneider lens, but it's more expensive to begin with and you will a CineMount-S1 which is the adapter for the Schneider lens, catalog price you're looking 2'595$ for the cineslide + 820$ for the cinemount, Kino Torsion is 1'850$, but you will need a fairly long list of accessories if you want to ceiling mount it, so it will come more in the range of 2'300-2'500$

Still cheaper than what we pay over here.

·
Premium Member
7,233 Posts

Quote:

So all things being equal, you save a about 1000.00 if your are doing a ceiling mount if you buy the Schneider. That is about what I was thinking which is pushing me in the direction of the Schneider.

·
Scott Horton, techht.com
5,746 Posts

Quote:

We do make a mount and sell the CineDigitar when pressed. I beleive there is still a photograph of that mount on the the website www.cineslide.com . However it is almost always an advantage to move up to the Isco IIIS lens and mount. If you don't have a local dealer, check with Jason here. I am almost positive you will find that street pricing will be substantally skewed in favor of the CineSlide setup.

Also, for those looking at a CineDigitar, it is my expectation you will find a similar advantage on a getting a IIIS lens, which has better glass, is bigger, likely to have better resale value, and may have a cost advantage, too.

·
Premium Member
24,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What is the throw ratio when using a the CINE DIGITAR ANAMORPHIC 1.33x lens? I measured my distance to the screen and projector(JVC RS10) and got 174.01" my screen size is 117" 2:37:1 screen which is 107.8" in width. Will that lens work with that throw ratio?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts