AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those out there using a SCI ATL 3100 Cable HD Receiver.

I recently got set up with Time Warner HD here in Raleigh with the above reciever from TW to go with my Sony 34" XBR910. Has anyone done any tweaks with the cable box that they would recommend others try. Currently I have done nothing but plug it in and get it running with component cables to the 910. The pic is amazing for the HD NFL broadcasts on CBS and FOX. I have read a bunch on other boards about 720p and 1080i and allowing the TV to convert vs. the cable box. If anyone has any tweaks they have done with this box and would like to share them, please post them here.

Thanks in Advance.

Mike

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Unfortunately, this is probably among the worst HD STBs widely deployed. There aren't a whole lot of options to play with.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Cable headends can make some tweaks in converters by downloading firmware updates. But I haven't come across any subscriber tweaks, other than initial setup menus on some models. The 3rd 'graph in this post outlines how to access 3100HD diagnostic mode, and some potential applications . But it's likely the diagnostic channel differs (from 1999) at your location--perhaps the access method, too. -- John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.