AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Time warner's 8000DVR and cannot get the 8000HD until at least August.

The cable company told me that they will not allow me to split the signal and install the 3100 HD for another input on my television.

They had also told me that the S-Video output and the Coax output won't work at the same time (which I found was a lie last night) so I'm wondering if they are also misleading me on combining the 8000 & 3100...

I can always tell them that the 3100 is going on another T.V. in my house and self-install it as I described above.

Anyone else doing this?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Main problem with having the two on the same TV is the remotes are going to conflict. Change the channel on the 3100 ... it will change the channel on the 8000 ... etc.

Kind of annoying, but there is a workaround ... you just have to manually hit the 'Power' button on one box (or the other) when you first sit down to watch TV (the 8000 still records all scheduled programs when it's off). Then, if you want to switch to the other box ... hit the cable 'Power' button and the one box should turn off and the other will turn on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it won't be a problem for me. The HD box will set in a closed cabinet and will only be turned on when I want the HD channels.

As long as it can be done, I will give it a try.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.