AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how I can set up the cable box to be at 720P? When the cable guy came over he used 1080i and 480 but I did see in the menu that there was also 720P but know I can't get to it. Am I doing something wrong?

Rick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you get a manual with the box? It states pretty clearly in there how to set up the output to 480i, 480p, 720p or 1080i for the component output ....

If you don't have the manual, I can post the documentation when I get home later.

·
Registered
186 Posts
From JPeter in another thread helping _me_ out when I didn't have a manual either:

===

"To start the setup wizard, have your TV on and the 3250 OFF. Then on the 3250 itself (Not via the remote), press info and guide at the same time. You'll then have the setup."

PS...Let me reiterate, the 3250 must be OFF when you press info and guide"

===

It's pretty straightforward from there. After you're done, you can switch it using the Setup button. Point of warning from my experience, if you've got a Sammy DLP, make sure the procedure excludes both 480i and 480i-wide, or you'll have to do it all over again if you accidently choose it later in the Setup menu.

One last thing I've noticed is that the box has a pretty crappy deinterlacer, so if you have a decent set, you might want to set the 3250 at the res of the programming and let the electronics in the set convert it. It's most obvious with Discovery HD, so I set that at 1080i for everything but ABC. Looks great!

If you're not on a Sammy and you can get 480i on the same component inputs as 480P and above, then I recommend switching the box to that for those channels. I use the Svid output for my "critical" 480i viewing because the 480P mode suffers from the deinterlacing issues, but I don't get any on-screen menus from the Svid output; I have to toggle back and forth from component to svid. Annoying. Good thing I've got a Sammy with discrete codes!

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rkkoebel
No I didn't get a manual so this is why I am in the dark here. Anything will help.

Rick
FWIW. You can download a manual for the 3250HD on S-A's website . You'll have to register for their eClub, but that's free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.