AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cable co. (TWC) is coming to switch out my SA 3150HD box for a 3250HD box. Does anyone know if the Firewire output on the 3250HD can be used with the JVC 30000/40000? Right now I don't have a JVC, but have been thinking of getting one. If this would work, it might be the right time.

Thanks,

Marty Lee
http://hdtvtwincities.com

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Not likely, but for a different reason than you would expect. Cable companies can control whether those units actually are capable of sending the signal over the firewire cable. To this point, I am aware of no cable companies that allow such use.

· Registered
2,140 Posts
Adding to what XFactor stated, if the firewire port is active (which we doubt) then you should be able to record to the 40K.

Troy

· Registered
2,943 Posts
How did you get them to replace it with a 3250? Let us know if the firewire is enabled on your box, if so I will call TWC in San Diego and ask for one I guess. Also let us know if DVI is enabled on your 3250.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Follow- up:

Got the box this afternoon - doesn't even have a Firewire port, and the manual states the DVI port is not functional ("reserved for future use"). Oh well, predictable I suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.