AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we going to have a thread for 8300HDC or is it going to be under 8300HD topic? It would be a shame if it is being discussed under same topic because even though this box is supposed to be superior to HD, I find it far inferior, with interface being slower, buggy, cartoonish.

Why did they have to change the interface/firmware? The older one was much more responsive and faster, this one feels like CABLEVISION's firmware.

I am seriously thinking about calling my local office and asking if I can get an 8300HD instead of this joke. I had to return my old one because the hard drive went bad and I started missing a lot of channels. I would have been happier with a HDD swap and firmware upgrade on the same unit.

This is not PowerTV / Aptiva, is it?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
It's Navigator primarily the OCAP/tru2way version. There is that Samsung SMT-H3090 HD-DVR but that hasn't been deployed in NYC yet. You might get an SA8300HD but there is also a version of Navigator which can be deployed as well but NYC will be the latest to have it. Check the Time Warner Cable Navigator thread for more information on Navigator. The Samsung HD-DVR is made for OCAP btw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts