Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got this box from cox this morning and am having alot of problems

i have a sanyo ht32744 and am trying to hook it up with component or HDMI (im having the same problem with both)

i go through the set up and enable all the formats that are supported and im able to get sd and hd signals

but when i watch hd its in fullscreen instead of letterboxed

i dont know how to get it so im actually seeing the widescreen image...3 ppl at cox couldnt help me

when i set the settop for 480std on an hd channel i get the widescreen image though...and if im watchin hbo on the ads between movies on hd it shows it letter and pillerboxed, but on standard hbo it showed the ad letterboxed...im very confused

i dont think its a setting with the tv and i hope its not bc i just moved and i think remote got lost....there is a pix shape button on the remote, but i dont think that would effect it because of the way i was able to see widescreen images in sd

cox is supposed to come out tomorrow but i dont really want to pay $45 so i hope someoen can help me

thx in advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
On the tv remote control set the pix shape to letterbox for hd channels and normal for sd channels. You have to change it back and forth each time you go from hd to sd.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
His set is 4:3

The 3250 has several modes for upconverting the signals it provides to your set. Clearly you want to ignore 720p modes entirely and have the box either sent EVERYTHING as 1080i, or send HD as 1080i and other (SD) material as 480p. This depends on whether the Sanyo will allow you to set 480p as full-screen and 1080i as letterboxed.

Another (simpler) solution is to let the STB do the 'fitting'. Setup the 3250 to know you have a 4:3 1080i (HD) set and that you want HD to be letterboxed and you'll be fine. Any SD will be upconverted to 1080i and left as fullscreen. Your Sanyo will then only display what it gets and nothing more --> it will ONLY get 1080i signals that have been 'fit' as you need 'em.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Andrew for the info. i have a similar scientific atlanta set provided by Cablevision...

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey where are you located in new jersey and what cable company? You know Comcast just sent out a signal to update the Scientific Atlanta set top boxes to display 480 on DVI. You can use a DVI to HDMI cable.

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey where are you located in new jersey and what cable company? You know Comcast just sent out a signal to update the Scientific Atlanta set top boxes to display 480 on DVI. You can use a DVI to HDMI cable if you need to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.