AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I haven't been able to find this answer in any previous threads, but:

Do you guys know where I can get a SA ir extender for my 8300HD box. I know it use to be available on their website but it is not anymore... Do they use a proprietary ir system or does any ir extender work?

If you guys had any links of things you know work that would be great... I'm not too familiar with the 8300HD

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry Chase, Ive got the exact same issue. If you or anyone has a solution please share it. I don't see any inputs for an IR extender, is there any way to use the USB posts?

·
Registered
157 Posts
 This is what we need (Cisco USB IR Extender)... this ↓ is a picture.

Where are they sold?

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I just got a scientific atlanta 8240hdc box and need one of these anyone know where I can buy one in the us or online?

any help would be much appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an extra one, give me a couple of days to see if I can find it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here it is, Ive got one left. $50.00 PayPal. PM me for details.

EDIT: SOLD!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Amino Aminet110 Set Top Box, and did I can use same USB IR Extender, and are all USB IR Extenders are universal for all STB?

i think that thay work with same tehnology ( USB connector is for power supply, IR cable who stay at STB is emiter of IR signals, and External cable is IR receiver). If i have right about this?

Thx you all.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The Scientific Atlantic (8300HD) IR extender is set-up to only work with the SA STB. Or at lest it didn't work with any of the other brands of equipment that I tried.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Raising thread from the dead, my apologies.

Anyone have a 12' or 25' version of these for sale? eBay comes up empty and I can't locate any online resellers that carry them. Calling Cisco was a joke, I was told it's not a consumer product to be sold directly from Cisco and that I can try a local reseller in my area. They gave me a number to IBM which was for large scale business networking sales. So, here I am. Any help tracking one down would be appreciated. Again, sorry for the dead thread resurrection, figured it was easier than creating a new post.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I have one, somewhere. Don't remember the length. Never used it, because it only controls the STB.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedskater /forum/post/19197125

I have one, somewhere. Don't remember the length. Never used it, because it only controls the STB.

If you'd be up for selling it, please let me know via PM and I'd be happy to work something out with you.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
keep checking ebay. they always have a few on there. you need the one that plugs into the usb port on your receiver. the one that goes into the rca looking port on the back will not work. (been there done that)

they should look like this
Attachment 190552

1 - 20 of 34 Posts