AVS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Brighthouse cable with two HD boxes, both SA 8300HD. Each box is hidden from view and required an IR extender, just like the ones being discussed here.

I stopped in at Brighthouse and told them I needed 2 IR extenders and they gave them to me free.

That might be better than ebay ?

Try your cable supplier (if you have one) and insist you get one for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in buying the ir extender for the scientific atlanta Explorer 8300HD. Do you still have it and does it work and if so what is your best price?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Raising thread from the dead, (again). I'm looking for a SA IR extender for the explorer 8300HD in Canada. Please post if you have one available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I haven't been able to find this answer in any previous threads, but:

Do you guys know where I can get a SA ir extender for my 8300HD box. I know it use to be available on their website but it is not anymore... Do they use a proprietary ir system or does any ir extender work?

If you guys had any links of things you know work that would be great... I'm not too familiar with the 8300HD
Anyone looking for an IR Extender for Scientific Atlanta 8300HD can find it on ebay for $8.95 with free shipping (item # 271892251958). I ordered it on a chance it would work & BAM! Plugs right into the IR socket on the back of the cable box and works like a charm! I ordered some headphone extensions to give me the length I will need and am good to go. :):):)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone looking for an IR Extender for Scientific Atlanta 8300HD can find it on ebay for $8.95 with free shipping (item # 271892251958)..... THIS did not work for me.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts