AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if I should incorporate hihats, sconces or both into my theater. The ceiling is going up this week. Need to decide soon. It is a small room- 12.5 X 17 X 6'10 ceiling. What are your thoughts and why? Thx

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
we ended up going against the sconces. there was just no symmetrical way to place them into our plans and I didn't want them interfering with the screen. They do look nice in the right application but not every space or room can accommodate.

we ended up with 8 cans on 3 different dimmers.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I originally had both cans and sconces on our plans. Ended up just going with the cans. 12 cans in a light tray puts out plenty of light for us (black walls, black carpet, black columns, dark ceiling). Honestly, they are only on for a few minutes while everyone gets settled, then on after the movie so no one trips over anything. The sconces would have been purely decorative for us.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the replies. I did not want to deal with sound leakage thru the cans and have a very low ceiling. I went with 4 sconces from Lowes that each contain 2 X 60 watt bulbs (Portfolio 4.41-in W 2-Light Bronze Pocket Hardwired Wall Sconce). I will control them (thru the harmony remote control) with Lutron Maestro IR dimmer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts