AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
pretty funny review!

The Video: Sizing Up the Picture

..."'Scooby-Doo' is the perfect example of what I call the "Inverse Proportion Theorem" of video quality. Meaning that the more atrocious the movie, the more fantastic the transfer. Like dangling crack in front of an addict, otherwise-sane early adopters are compelled to plunk down cash for a movie they would never in a million years waste their money on, only because it looks so damn good. 'Scooby-Doo' is just such a temptation. It looks wonderful on Blu-ray, and nothing short of driving a rusty meat hook through the malformed cranium of Matthew Lillard can stop you from bowing before its brilliance..."

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Good lord. Can this movie compete with Nacho Libre for the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" award?

Even if the PQ is that good... it's still not on my must-get list, I already have plenty of demoable disks, one more won't make a difference.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
I am the biggest Sarah Michelle gellar fan on the planet, (well, not really. More like a big "Buffy" fan...) and I still couldn't pick this up previously after watching some of it on cable. Maybe HD will make the content better...?

Lillard IS spot on though and almost saves the film.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack /forum/post/0

I am the biggest Sarah Michelle gellar fan on the planet, (well, not really. More like a big "Buffy" fan...) and I still couldn't pick this up previously after watching some of it on cable. Maybe HD will make the content better...?

Lillard IS spot on though and almost saves the film.

I have it. SMG wears HD well

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj /forum/post/0

How about Linda Cardallini? She's much hotter than SMG

"Nice sweater."

Her wardrobe really changed in Scooby Doo 2.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1965 /forum/post/0

Good lord. Can this movie compete with Nacho Libre for the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" award?

Even if the PQ is that good... it's still not on my must-get list, I already have plenty of demoable disks, one more won't make a difference.

I agree. But try telling your three year old daughter that. Sure, she wouldn't pick it out at Best Buy, but I have to continue her home theater education with movies she will watch.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick99 /forum/post/0

I think this is where I draw the line. No matter how good the PQ, I will not get this one.

Ditto

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just picked it up.... figured it would be good for friend with their kids when they come over... either way... the more BD the better.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl /forum/post/0

I just picked it up.... figured it would be good for friend with their kids when they come over... either way... the more BD the better.

Yeah, whatever! You're probably watching it by yourself right now, laughing your a** off!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/0

Yeah, whatever! You're probably watching it by yourself right now, laughing your a** off!

Shh... don't tell... no..actually I might get drunk and watch it... who knows... the best scooby do bit is on Jay and Silent Bob Strike back when he gets high and passes out and day dreams of selma and dafney diking out... that is classic.... speaking of drunk... beer time....

·
Registered
400 Posts
i have just received Scooby Doo HD DVD....Indeed, PQ is stunning and perfect...can compete KK...so if BR version can be close, for me it's a "Must buy" ....Ok the story is just ..Scooby Dooo! but every inch of the details you can see by HD are so amazing!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.