AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a killer deal on 7 used but in excellent (newish) condition Berkline 45090s. They are black "all" leather (the highest upgrade version). 3 are electric recline with Buttkickers installed and the other 4 are manual. Picked them all up for $1200! Very, very excited. Usually its me selling HT gear at a loss, nice to finally pick up a rocking deal! My est is that I saved atleast 5-6k or more on this.

I do have a couple questions if anyone can help.

1. I am interested in knowing if you can still get he lighted cup holders and have them retro installed into the chairs. Same thing for the ambent lighting option?

2. Does anyone recommend a source that can still get these chairs if I wanted to add a couple chairs to make a curved configuration? Right now they are all the non-curved versions.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jim,

Congratulations on the deal. That's a great price for 7 full leather chairs. To answer your questions:

1.) Yes, Lighted LED Cup Holders are still available as after market add-ons.

2.) Several companies, including Lane (look at the Lane 221, the Palisades) have "cloned" this chair. The problem you will have is matching the leather exactly as they are likely not using the same exact leather. The other option is to check around by calling former Berkline dealers to see if they have them in stock or on their floor. This will be a needle in a haystack to find the exact chairs you are looking for at this point, though, since Berkline went out of business several months ago.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch /forum/post/20892340

2.) Several companies, including Lane (look at the Lane 221, the Palisades) have "cloned" this chair.

Ken, wouldn't the Lane ones be from the Chinese manufacturer, so it would be the 12XXX equivilent. My understanding was that there are small differences between the US manufactured ones and the Chinese ones that might make them not quite match. For example, Roman has mentioned a difference in seat height due to a different reclining mechanism.

Just something else to consider.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The Lane 221 is made domestically. Jim purchased the 45090's which were also made domestically. The imported equivalent to the 221 is the Lane 174 and is made overseas, yes. Clear as mud?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input. I will check into the clones or see if I can find the add on pieces to do the curved config.

On the add on lighted cup holders. Do you know a source? Maybe a link??

thx,

Jim

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up, Ken. Lots of conflicting info out there.

Jim, I think Ken is hinting that you should PM him. He is a dealer of those chairs, but forum rules limit what he can say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.