AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on my panasonic 46pz85u that there are alot of scratches on the black bezel of the plasma. Is there anyway to get any of these scratches out? Ive tried a few things and nothing has really worked.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Are they deep scratches?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use Meguiar's Clear Plastic Polish to get rid of hairline scratches in everything from motorcycle face shields to my glossy black laptop case, works very well though I've never tried it on my Plasma bezel. Might be worth a try, it is only like $10 from Pep Boys.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMeadows /forum/post/16948804

I have the same problem on mine. Any help would be appreciated. The scratches are hairline only noticable in certain light, but still I don't really like seeing them.

I don't think you'll ever really get rid of the hairline scratches if they only show up in direct light. I'm willing to bet that most here have hairline scratches after the first couple of wipe downs. I would try a really good wax like the one I mentioned in my link or even the the glaze teddyv posted. In my opinion look at any black finish under the right light and you are gonna see scratches.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Give the wax I posted a shot. I'm an OCD patient with equipment and it made me happy.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Is that mirror glaze sold in stores like bestbuy? my new 151 already has scratches on it. i can only see them when i go up close to bezel, and as VidPro said, under certain light conditions. but i know its there.

I'd love to give that a try.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro /forum/post/16949768

Give the wax I posted a shot. I'm an OCD patient with equipment and it made me happy.

Where is the wax you posted?

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
EEKS! I tried the Meguiar's stuff and have come to realize that any rubbing of that plastic no matter what goo you put on the microfiber cloth will just create more scratches. I just tried it in a small spot and stopped when I saw I was doing more harm than good. Thanks anyway for your advice...it was worth a try. Although, you are correct...it works wonders on your car!

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMeadows /forum/post/16952980

EEKS! I tried the Meguiar's stuff and have come to realize that any rubbing of that plastic no matter what goo you put on the microfiber cloth will just create more scratches. I just tried it in a small spot and stopped when I saw I was doing more harm than good. Thanks anyway for your advice...it was worht a try.

You should use the NXT wax with the purple applicator. Try this, in the spot you just mentioned. Put a bit of wax on the applicator and rub the wax into the bezel. As you rub it in lighten up on the pressure. Let it dry and wipe with a micro. If you're using a circular pattern try a left and right or up and down pattern depending on what part of the frame you are working on and see what happens. I'm telling you with a enough elbow grease and the right touch you will have a bezel that will look like a black hole.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpapp /forum/post/16952998

I've had good results using Novus #2 on the bezel of my Kuro.

novuspolish.com

Frank

I used the #2 for deep scratches but it left a haze. I finished off with a good wax and it got rid of it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro /forum/post/16953012

I used the #2 for deep scratches but it left a haze. I finished off with a good wax and it got rid of it.

I might have to give that a try!

The #2 does leave a slight haze, but light buffing with a clean cloth seems to take care of it.

Frank

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMeadows /forum/post/16954221

You are a genius! I tried it on my lunch break and you were right...the purple pad and just the right touch did fix it. Thanks a million. You have made me a VERY happy girl!

Great news!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts