AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched Scream on Cinemax-HD and it looked good at times but was really off. It looked much like the DVD which is not good at all. In fact the DVD sucked. Anybody else notice the picture being sub par? It was true HDTV but not OAR. It just looked weird. Now I flipped the channel and Halloween H20 is playing on Showtime-HD and it looks bad just really bad much like the aweful DVD. The DVD is just so bad. Now this movie is being shown upconverted but it is OAR. So what are these channels doing? This is not the first time Halloween H20 is being shown upconverted. Can't these channels get it right? Also one last complaint. Scream on Cinemax-HD is not even in Dolby Digital. How bad is that? J.H.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing these are both Dimention DVDs. That must have something to do with the DVDs being aweful right? J.H.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
I noticed the same thing last night with Scream...I was disappointed after seeing how good I Know What You Did Last Summer looked a couple of days ago. Oh well...Keep complaining though...at least they'll know we can tell the difference, not that it will matter :confused:

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Scream was zoomed in and cropped.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not only that but it wasn't even in Dolby Digital! That was even more piss poor on Cinemax-HD's part. J.H.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm watching it now. Doesn't look soft at all -- I can even see that Neve Campbell has an ever so slight mustache. Looks so good I thought it might be Super35 open matte but IMDB says it's 2.35:1 anamorphic, so it's cropped. Too bad. Silly movie but a lot of fun. This showing is also not dolby digital.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.