AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1272Q with 109 hours on it. I have never tried to set it up but I have a pdf manual and a copy of the mooneyass guide. The screen that I plan to use is a Draper Onyx, 50"x85". What aspect ratio is this? and do I need a scaler? I also have the sony PC-1271 switcher,with I believe line doubling,and a Runco tripler. How would you set this up? Thanks pwest

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the responce Clarence. I forgot to mention the screen is m2500, which I thought would give me a brighter image and save on tube wear. I will be using HD dish network 811 receiver, JVC DVHS,DVD player with Faroudja DCDi,Laser disc,and (Ha Ha)super beta. I do plan to get HD dvd soon. I also have a Key Digital Flash 4 RGBHV/component switcher and my Yamaha THX 7.1 receiver which has 3 component inputs. I will get a transcoder next week. pwest

·
Registered
348 Posts
pwest,

You might want to hold off on the transcoder until you get the scaler.

In my case; the source feeds (DirecTV, DVD, VCR) go into a Yamaha DTS 6.1 as S-video, component (RGB) and S-Video respectively.

From the Yamaha receiver: RGB component cable out to a CrystalImage VS4.0 scaler in.

From the scaler: 5-RCA (RGBHV) cable out to the VPH-1272 projector (50' run!!!) in. I got RCA-BNC adapters for the pj input on ebay for $5 - it is a slick solution! Love the picture too! The scaler makes a HUGE difference.

I too have a PC-1271 switcher - don't believe these have line doublers unless a special option.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.