AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 51" rear projection set up as my second monitor @ 1080i using component out thru an 8600gt mostly for blu rays that I drag to the second monitor.

If I am playing a regular video file in VLC the audio is fairly low, even at its max requiring me to raise my TV volume very high. I was wondering if there was a way to boost audio output in vista? I've already set PowerDVD to output in a noisy environment and it helped a lot.

Also, the TV seems blurry for text. Is this normal? It is hard to read a text box that pops up on the tv unless you are really close. I'm only using the standard nvidia drivers to control the TV, could that be the issue? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
If you have a digital technology HDTV and are sending it a resolution other then its native resolution then the text will look blurry especially if your TV overscans the inputs it is reciveing over the interface you are using.

If you have a CRT TV then it is normal for text to be blurry since very few of them are designed to also be PC monitors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts