AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an easy and relatively inexpensive way to capture video from an xbox to a laptop? Any type of capture cards available?

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Gamebridge TV (hard to find these days, but very cheap and work great)

Pinnacle Studio Moviebox Ultimate V12

Dazzle DVD Recorder

Dazzle Video Creator Plus

Diamond VC500 One Touch Video Capture

EasyCap USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm familiar with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere when editing, but getting the video content over to my laptop is another story.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
 This what you're talking about?

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser214 /forum/post/15570821

Thanks. I'm familiar with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere when editing, but getting the video content over to my laptop is another story.

everything i listed is a piece of HARDWARE, you can use whatever software you like to manipulate it, most of those devices include some sort of software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser214 /forum/post/15570833

This what you're talking about?

yes, at one point they were clearanced for about 10 or 15 bucks everywhere, now they're somewhat hard to find, i'd wager that many many people have them and dont use them, its just the matter of finding one.

i was amazed though, i thought usb would be too slow, but i can literally play a console on my laptop with zero noticeable display lag.

last time i recorded i'd just run component to the tv, and the rca from the 360 to the gamebridge, you have to flip the switch to SD on the xbox cable, but you can still play in 480p (if i remember correctly) on your tv, and record on your pc/laptop.

i have a HTPC, so it's all in one spot in the living room, works out well and the quality is relatively good.

·
Registered
578 Posts
All of the solutions outlined here are for standard def video. If you need to capture hi def video 720P or 1080i, then you need the Hauppauge HDPVR:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

That one does hi def component capture with hardware based on the fly mpeg4 compression. There is too much lag to play reasonably using your laptop screen as the main display, but the HDPVR has both component in and component out. So, you can send zero latency video from the Hauppauge to a separate monitor or TV.

P.J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts