Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This question is not exactly OT but not completely unrelated as well. Hopefully, there are some screen experts out there that can offer some insight.

I work in the flight sim business and am working on a 220 degree wrap around visual system. The problem I'm having is that my colors are getting a bit washed out from light being reflected from one screen to the others. We use 1000 ANSI lumen DLP projectors. I'm looking for either a low gain paint (0.5) or coating, or a color to apply to the screens to minimize this.

Any ideas?

-geoff

·
Registered
890 Posts
Definately sounds like a shade of gray paint is required in this case if you want a gain of 0.5.

Search this forum under ''screen paint'' and look at some of the suggestions of types and brands of suitable gray paints that might do the job.

Cheers.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not only do you want a grey screen, you probably also want one with a higher gain, the directionality of the higher gain screen will keep light from washing out adjacent areas on the screen and since the viewing area is probably pretty small you don't pay a serious penalty in reduced image uniformity... If you were looking for commercial screen fabrics I would recommend looking into the Stewart Firehawk. If you are looking for a straight paint product, you might check into KBK's ScreenGoo. He may have a good mix of properties for you.

Regards,

Kam Fung

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.