AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 92 inch fixed frame screen in my basement, does anyone make a dust cover or protective cover for fixed screens? Also looking for a dust cover for a epson 720

THANKS

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't know about the dust cover/protection for either a projector or a screen. However, I do have a few thoughts/ideas that you may find interesting in this regard.

I have seen countless pictures of individuals home theater setup and I often cringe when I see a picture of a projector. It has nothing to do with the style of the projector, it has everything to do with the lack of secondary support for the projector. I almost never see a projector resting on a very secure surface, and I don't really feel that a ceiling mount is ever the most secure (but that is a matter of opinion). If you need to protect your projector from something, I recommend protecting it from the floor.

On any projector I have seen, there is a spot that you can tie something to the projector. I find a good stud in a wall or ceiling and screw in a closed hook. I use 50 lb test fishing wire. If you feel like you have an exceptionally heavy projector, something like rope would do the trick.

Personally, if I wanted to cover up my projector and/or screen I would make something myself. A large piece of cloth draped over your screen would do the trick, you could probably find something like this for dollars at a large box store.

I would use a clean dry towel for the projector, but before doing so I would put the cap on the lens.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I got a nice, custom dust cover for my projector from these people.

As to screen covers, some folks treat the screen like a large window and use draperies mounted on a traverse rod to hide/protect the screen when not in use.

·
Just add water and stir
1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinjas /forum/post/18187850

I don't know about the dust cover/protection for either a projector or a screen. However, I do have a few thoughts/ideas that you may find interesting in this regard.

I have seen countless pictures of individuals home theater setup and I often cringe when I see a picture of a projector. It has nothing to do with the style of the projector, it has everything to do with the lack of secondary support for the projector. I almost never see a projector resting on a very secure surface, and I don't really feel that a ceiling mount is ever the most secure (but that is a matter of opinion). If you need to protect your projector from something, I recommend protecting it from the floor.

On any projector I have seen, there is a spot that you can tie something to the projector. I find a good stud in a wall or ceiling and screw in a closed hook. I use 50 lb test fishing wire. If you feel like you have an exceptionally heavy projector, something like rope would do the trick.

Personally, if I wanted to cover up my projector and/or screen I would make something myself. A large piece of cloth draped over your screen would do the trick, you could probably find something like this for dollars at a large box store.

I would use a clean dry towel for the projector, but before doing so I would put the cap on the lens.

Sounds like you live in an Earthquake region!?!
I guess protecting your investment could be overlooked for simple esthetics...likely a very expensive mistake. I agree with screwing directly into ceiling joists, or something similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts