AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally mounted my NEC 135LC and am having someone come over to set it up in the next week.

The screen is 54 X 96. I mounted the screen following the formula in the manual and then moved the projector a little less than 5% closer. In addition, I was able to get the projector 'up' into the ceiling by about 2 inches.

The question is how 'high' (as in closer to the ceiling) can I mount the screen. The manual seems to call for about 12" from ceiling. I can tilt the projector 'up' a bit. I;ve heard NEC's 'like' the screen close to the ceiling. How close is close?

I want to get all this ready before the ISF guy comes by.

ANy help appreciated!

Thanks all.

Mark

·
Banned
13 Posts
H=E-(V/3)

where

H=height from the floor to bottom of the screen

E=eye-level while seated

V=vertical size of the screen

units are in inches

hope that helps, have a nice day

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mark, I have a 4:3 screen where the top of the white part of the screen is 3" from the ceiling and the projector is mounted level, and also about 3" from the ceiling. Is there some way you can mount the projector then project your image, with rasters centered, then mount the screen to fit. I had no problem with mine because my screen is electric and has movable stops. So if your screen is fixed can you somehow hold it up there temporarily to set the level?

I would not tilt the projector unless I also tilted the screen because it might be difficult to get excellent focus throughout the screen. Guy or Dennis E. may have some experience on this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mark,

Measure the distance from the ceiling to the center of the green lens with the projector level. Use this same distance for the center of your 16x9

screen.

Example: If your ceiling is 8 ft. high and the center of the green lens is 29 inches from the ceiling, the center of your screen must also be at 29 inches.

This will put the top of your screen 2 inches down from the ceiling.

I hope this helps.

Pete

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pete, I am going to go measure to see how the screen distance from ceiling will fall out using your calculation.

Gordf, when the ISF guy comes to set up the projector, I will not have aproblem moving the screen at that time. It seems like I might be able to get the screen closer to the ceiling than it calls for in the NEC manual. It may not matter as much as I thought. I originally planned to have the speakers behind the screen wall but I am springing for a pair of Watt Puppy Six's and for that kinda money I don't want to cheat myself and not set them up properly and in this case it'll mean moving them way towards the front. That'll mean the center channel will also move way out from the behind the screen.

Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Mark,

I find the image starts about 5-6" down, if you raised it 2" its about 3" correct? Try not to tilt the projector, its best to keep it level for best top bottom focus with the raster centered. Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.