AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a light ware VP-100 lcd projector (which I only use for dvd watching) and I am very happy with it since it suits my needs and I have a 32" hdtv already and I use the pj as a second display. So I was using my wall as a screen and I was happy with it , so I also had an older pull up screen that was used for and old film projector which does have a with vertical lines every 1/16" grey screen and when I combined it with the lightware I get the dreaded screen door affect and I was wondering which would be best should I paint the grey screen with a flat white or just make a diy screen from scratch. And if I decide to go diy what would be a good solution to make a lightweight screen that I can just hang in front of my crt hdtv for movie viewing. Lou

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hey Louie :)

The Screen DIY section would be your best choice for advice on DIY. For a quick, lightweight, easy to clean, and killer picture.....Check out Parklands Durotherm Lite panels. They can be found at Menards in the paneling aisle. If you don't have Menards out east, I would think other home improvement stores would carry them. The come standard in a 4' x 8' x 5/16thick core. The are made of a PVC material and are used for Garage Walls and/or Carwashes. One side is a smooth, white finish, that many of us DIY'rs have used for years. A sheet runs about $28 here in the midwest. You would need a truck/SUV to haul it though due to the size. It is very light weight and can be cut down to accomodate whatever size screen you need.

Later

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to find a cut piece at my local art supply 3x5 and it was a steal at $6.99 and it looks wonderful with no screen door effect at all and a very bright picture with 300 lumens and low ambient light I am a happy camper and best of all it is perfect for my small and modest HT. Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.