AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is hard to describe what is going on. I really need some help to correct this annoying 'artifact'.

First, I have a Geforce 2, LT150, & using PowerDVD 4.0. I'm running at 1024x576 with powerstrip.

While watching only certian movies, (Prophecy, IMAX Alaska), during certian scenes, the projected image will jump to extend about 20 pixels below the normal displayed image. The top will stay perfectly aligned, but the lower edge of the image jumps down a couple of inches then jumps back up. When it does this, the image becomes slightly blurry. It can happen once, or continuously during a scene then it will go back to normal.

Is there something wrong with my setup, or is it a low quality video transfer? It only happens during these titles playback and not for anything else like Dscaler, or normal desktop viewing.

Thanks,

Neuner

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
This is just a guess and is quite possible me making stuff up.

Perhaps these movies have an issue with aspect ratios. I notice you are running a widescreen resolution. Perhaps a flag tells PowerDVD somewhere in the the DVD that the frame size has changed and it attempts to fix the situation by increasing the height of the picture. This makes more sense to me than a bug because it is replicable and only for certain titles...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would something like that be fixable? (besides not using PowerDVD?) My sound card requires PowerDVD and won't work well enough with others to see if that is the culprit. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I will get the 410 in the future as soon as my new job starts. I still haven't heard if the 410 will allow WinDVD to decode the DD & DTS without using a preamp in my equipment config.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Neuner, can you give me the complete powerstrip settings that you use for the LT 150 when using it in the 1024x576 mode? And just wounder why you do not use 1280x1024 instead. Since the unit can accept that higher resolution and down convert it into a more detailed PQ for you

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An update for anyone who might have similar problem:

It's been a while, but I've recently gone to a Radeon 7500 and problem is solved. I tried these same movies out with no problems. I guess it was the lame geforce2 card. Picture looks great and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.