Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First off, I bought a nec lt150 because of the reviews on this board. I only have two words for you guys: Wow and thanks! I was whiskers away from buying the LP350.

My questions are:

1 - I'm looking for a screen, I've heard about the da-lite hipower, where in montreal, canada can I get a good screen and how much do they go for? I'm projecting on a 12"widthx8"high wall and about 13 feet from there.

2- If I use a HTPC, pc/dvd+radeon lets say, how do I get the DTS sound?

3- I'm getting a white border around the picture.. is that why i have to put white segments off?

Thousand thanks,

Patrick

As a side note for prices: I got the nec lt150 new for 3700$ CAN with a bulb for ~600$ CAN (pricey, but worth it!!).

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I can help with question #2 and #3. DTS sound decoding or passthrough is not supported yet by ATI DVD player (only DD right now, hopefully DTS is coming soon). You'd need WinDVD or PowerDVD AND a sound card with digital out for DD/DTS pass through. For DTS PC decoding you'd need WinDVD 3.0 DTS version and 5.1 channel PC sound card. Search HTPC forum for more answers or specific HTPC questions.

Large arc on ceiling is "light leakage". Thin light border around image is called "halo", and both are common with most DLP and some LCD. Black masking on wall can be done to help improve contrast and rid of light leakage and halo. You can also try "virtual masking" to help top and bottom light leakage and halo: www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/009213.html

P.S. White segment should be off for best contrast and colors. Only time White segment should be on is if you need the extra brightness in daytime watching.

------------------

Huey ;-]

[This message has been edited by Huey (edited 10-04-2001).]

·
Registered
363 Posts
Patrick,

welcome and congratulations on your fine purchase...

one question where did you get the lamp for that price and was it because you purchased the lt-150 from them or can you get more at that price...

thanks

Miles

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info huey!

I'm looking into this new piece of hw:
http://www.ati.com/na/pages/products...500/index.html

Highlights:

Digital & analog video capture & editing

Radio-frequency remote control

DVD video playback with Dolby® AC-3 digital audio

Permits you to stock dvd quality (mpeg-2) w/ ac-3 sound on your hd. According to them, the ratio is 3 hours/5 gigs.

-patrick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the lamp at ingram micro, www.ingrammicro.com, it was a seperate purchase.

Thought i'd stock up, I heard the sony lamps were getting BO ..

besides that, I'm happy as a clam with the LT150. I just have to figure out how to tweak it, find a screen and that new ati card!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.