AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

We're thinking about installing a large rear-projection system in an atrium of our building. The granite wall already has a rough opening that's about 10' x 6', which once housed a 3x4 matrix of CRTs (they've been dark since sometime in 2001). There is an access room behind the wall that will accommodate a PC and projector in a short-throw configuration (5-9 feet from the screen, depending on vertical placement. The screen will be viewed from an atrium of about 750 sq ft that is pretty dark; content would mostly be slides, powerpoint, and SD video only. I'd prefer an AT screen so we could maximize screen size and keep the speakers in the room behind; audio is not a major consideration in any case as most of the presentations would be silent.

I'm looking for suggestions for screens and information on what I need to consider in this application. I have no experience with rear-projection screens so am eager to find out if this is feasible and what it might cost to install a screen to meet our needs.

thanks,

kiwanda

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts